New Age Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An academy for duelists

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
PGA
New Chat
Menu

Weekly Tournaments?

Go down 
+2
Ninokuni123
Leinar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leinar

Leinar

Weekly Tournaments? Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 1:24 am

Hello again everyone! Leinar here and I have come up with a possible idea for the academy. As of now the academy is few in numbers but, once we do have more members this might be possible. So, on to my idea. :3

I was curious if we would be able to have weekly tournaments. The time of week could be voted upon by the members who would be participating. As for the decks allowed, I was thinking of two brackets consisting of Meta and Non-Meta decks. The winner of these two tournaments would face off for the ultimate glory. The 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place winners of the brackets would receive a prize, and the overall winner would get and additional prize. I could set up the brackets myself, given that everyone enters a few days in advance to that weekly tournament. Also it may be more fun if we Skype during the duels if that is available. Again if this becomes a thing I feel the applications should be set up as follow:

Dueling Network Name:

Skype Name(If Available):

Preferred Deck(Meta/Non-Meta):

Available Times:

Dueling Network Ranking(For Balanced Match-ups):

Thanks for your time!

~Leinar
Back to top Go down
Ninokuni123

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:56 am

If you lose completely there should a forefiet
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
C.C.
Head Teacher
Head Teacher
C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Seems like a good idea. I do know, as a fact, that DA [Duel Academy] is doing this as well. They're called Lives. Just a sudden Tournament.
Back to top Go down
jax
Admin
jax

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Lets mix it up a bit, and not look like we are copying
DA
Back to top Go down
https://oldaysacademy.forumotion.com
C.C.
Head Teacher
Head Teacher
C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:50 pm

It wouldn't me a shame, copying from DA. They're the first Academy that came to be, and everything basically got copied from them.

I'd say, put in these "Lives" once per week, and see how they work. But only when we reached enough members.
Back to top Go down
whitelusterchaos!

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:27 pm

I like the idea good for keeping people active -.- which my fave academy is no longer
Back to top Go down
C.C.
Head Teacher
Head Teacher
C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:35 am

Many Academies, like this one, jsut lack the active core members. Right now, me and Master are about the on;y ones consistently online. Me because I pretty much like it, and Master for obvious reasons. Prf. Banner I seen pop up as well, but I can't tell how active he is.

Thing is, we simply need a good core of people, say about 8 to 10, who are usually online.
Back to top Go down
whitelusterchaos!

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 pm

at my other academy I was the only person guaranteed to be on all the time (unless I had work/busy)
and I agree fully on that
Back to top Go down
jax
Admin
jax

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Idea approved who will host?
Back to top Go down
Leinar

Leinar

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 3:44 pm

I will handle the hosting. I will post a new topic in the Events section here soon with a more polished system.
Back to top Go down
jax
Admin
jax

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Ok start tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Omiegon

Omiegon

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:09 pm

I can't wait to wreck the non-meta bracket XD I'm assuming these tournaments will be TCG/OCG ?
Back to top Go down
jax
Admin
jax

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:10 pm

I dont knwo full details.
Back to top Go down
Leinar

Leinar

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:25 pm

I am still working out all of the details. The current post is incomplete, but seeing as though there are people with questions to ask I submitted it. Now I see though that a new tab would have been an easy way of avoiding that.
Back to top Go down
jax
Admin
jax

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Well we have resolved this so the topic will be locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Tournaments?   Weekly Tournaments? Empty

Back to top Go down

Weekly Tournaments?
Page 1 of 1